Monday, March 8, 2010

March birth flower - the Daffodil

March is a wonderful month for gardeners, and special to me for several reasons. In March, the first bulbs already have made an appearance in Southeast Texas. The paperwhite narcissus have bloomed and gone, but the March Birth Flower is bringing vivid color to yards and pastures. The cheery yellow trumpet and petals of the daffodil announce that spring truly is here. Daffodils symbolize hope, modesty and faithfulness. At least six of my family members have birthdays in March, beginning with my sister Billie, then my sister Anita, followed by my nieces Lisa, Tracy and Katie, then my mother. My grandmother always had daffodils in her yard, and they still faithfully return each year to my dad's homestead, despite his absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment