Friday, August 14, 2009

Compost bins

I've made one more step toward being a serious gardener - I bought a compost bin.

I had considered making one myself of wood and wire, but when I found this one on clearance at a close-out sale, it was too good a bargain to pass up. It was the last one in the store, and the clerk said she thought she had a couple of extra pieces in the back. They wouldn't be able to sell them, she added, so I might as well take them for extras. When she looked, she found enough to make a second bin, including the top! So my great bargain became a real steal. The bin is in sections, so you can take the top layers off as the compost gets closer to completion. With the two I have, I'll be able to have one ready and the other on its way.
And yes, the adorable boys in the bin are my grandsons, Jordan and Jarrod. They thought it would make a good hiding spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment