Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bless the Plumbago

After all these weeks of heat and little rain, several plants in the garden still look great, even when neglected from time to time.

One of my favorites is this plumbago. It's still young and in its first growing season so it's not thick and lush, but it's lovely. It will take all the sun and heat you can throw at it and keep on putting out those icy blue flowers.
I'm looking forward to next spring's growth to see how it fares. I'll be planting another one on the new bed we're going to establish on the north side of the house - the side that has been neglected while the south side is almost to capacity.
They grow fast, branch out well and can make a real statement in a bed.

I am contemplating starting a photo diary on the blog to show our new north-side bed step-by-step, but I'm not sure I'm ready to embarrass myself yet. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment