Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sharing a garden's bounty

I love June. Even if I never looked at a calendar (something impossible in my line of work) I'd know it had arrived when one of my editors started hauling in bags of fresh vegetables every week.

Sheila and her husband, Roger, who own a nursery and grow a huge garden at their home in Vidor, always share the bounty when it comes in. Like most gardeners, they want others to enjoy the pleasure of fresh, homegrown vegetables.

So she brings in bags of cherry tomatoes, cukes, squash and more. It's like our own little farmer's market at The Enterprise.

Here's a shot of my favorite from this week: cherry tomatoes. I put them in a bowl, add fresh mozzarella, basil, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and sea salt and have a healthy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment