Monday, November 9, 2009

Commenting etiquette

This morning, someone posted a comment on my blog about cara cara oranges, instructing people to call him if they wanted one. I removed the comment because he is a grower who was using the blog to try to sell his product. While he might be a perfectly nice, reputable grower, using my blog implies endorsement from me - and that certainly is not the case. I do not know him - or his products.

I apologize to anyone who might have seen his comment and called him. It was posted without contacting me, which is the appropriate thing to do. I have removed the recent comments sections for now, until I can moderate them more closely.

I value your comments and welcome them - as long as they are intended for information sharing with those who follow Dig-it. If you have a product to sell, email me. I often mention growers/nurseries/individuals I know and can verify as legitimate and ethical with quality products. Any comments or recommendation I make are my personal opinion - and I do not receive compensation for them.

If you have any questions, email me at jmcbride@beaumontenterprise.com and I'll be happy to answer them.

As a journalist, ethics matter a great deal to me - and I value your trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment